Business Applications Manager
International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) – a Virtual Global Organization
International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®) is a not-for-profit professional association with over 29,000 members worldwide. IIBA is the world’s leading association for business analysis, dedicated to advancing the profession and uniting a community of professionals to deliver better business outcomes. IIBA supports the business analysis community and discipline through the development of standards of practice, certification programs, as well as on-line and face-to-face networking opportunities through our website, webinars, local Chapters and conferences.
IIBA is a rapidly growing organization, and, as such, any candidate hired into this position should find opportunities for a rewarding career with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We have a great compensation and benefits package and employ self-directed go getters who thrive on innovation and best in breed practices. If you are passionate about supporting a growing profession, then this may be the place for you.
IIBA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
For more information on IIBA or to join our association please visit our website at: www.iiba.org
The Business Application Manager is responsible for the management of IIBA’s business applications and managed services. With strong internal collaboration and excellent vendor management, the Business Applications Manager understands the systems, internal processes, and business requirements to drive technology solutions that support IIBA’s strategic objectives.
Reports to the Director of Information Technology
· Ensure business applications are well maintained and supported including AMS, CRM, Website and any other office applications
· Review applications with business areas to understand and address gaps
· Manage the application change management process
· Develop business cases for IT projects and manage the IT budget
· Manage security and privacy controls across all business applications
IT Managed Services
· Manage all IT services such as hosting, service desk, assets management
· Review vendor service offerings, SLAs and status reports
· Identify, plan and communicate all managed service impacts or improvements
· Maintain security and privacy controls across all IT services
· Continuously develop and improve policies and SOPs for managing vendors
· Provide recommendations on additional integration, support and training
· Perform other duties as required
· Complete performance assessments and reviews for direct reports
· Allocate and manage team workload
· Assess and manage single point of failure
· Continuously improve team best practices and policies
Skills/Previous Experience Required
· At least 10 years direct experience in application management
· At least 5 years direct experience in vendor management
· Strong knowledge of IT and how it can support strategic company objectives.
· Strong leadership capabilities, including establishing best practices and training
· Excellent communication skills, including written and oral.
· Demonstrated ability to be proactive when dealing with issues and challenges.
· Excellent analytical, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
· Proficient in Project Management and strategic process improvement.
· Outstanding organizational skills.
· Business analysis and process management experience
· Formal project management training and experience.
· Experience working with IT Managed Service Providers
· Azure hosted cloud data management
· Non-Profit and Member Association experience
· Virtual work office experience